When my body and brain shuts down at night

I am very blessed to get excellent coaching from my boyfriend. He is also blessed to enjoy many things while coaching me, among those are seeing on a daily basis the effects of his coaching efforts.

After a grueling 2hr power test on the bike trainer
I will tell you that one of the things he is truly enjoying is taking me pictures exactly when my body shuts down. He says that Loukia has only two buttons: ON and OFF. Nothing in between. After I exhaust the last bit of energy during the day (training, work, etc.) I shut down within seconds!

And why not? I love to sleep, I can go on for about 8 to 9 hours every night, and when training peaks, I also take a 15 min afternoon nap (I wish I could do an hour though). Sleeping is important. For all of us athletes that do not have the luxury to just train, eat and sleep all day but also have to work efficiently in a research competitive environment, where brain never shuts down, turning off the body and brain has to be done as effectively as turning them on (either at 5am before morning practice or when work starts at the office).

Here, feel free to die off in the couch. I will be there to cheer you on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan