Winter training

Power tests, VO2 max, vVO2 max (economy), muscular endurance, strength to body weight ratio tests and all the other assessments are designed to assess the current status of an athlete.


As a cyclist, I used to get a lot of stress and anxiety before and after these tests: did I produce enough watts? am I in good shape? am I strong? is my VO2 max high?
As a triathlete now with a different plan and a different coach, I treat these tests with respect and love. They are my tools to make me better, faster, stronger. The results do not matter as much as how we use those to make progress. So, no stress anymore, just data and data analysis.

Soon my winter tests are coming up and I feel excited: I have new tools, new data, new knowledge and new opportunities to get greater results for the coming season. Winter training is crucial for getting a good base and checking the status of the base will help set up the goals and the path for the new season.

Stay tuned!

Tests, results and plans will come soon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan