Patience and Persistence

When it comes to training and racing for a goal or some few goals for the season, things do not always go right. They go left, up or down.

Shopping for "going right" this year. Anybody?

I spent last year in the shadows, training and racing minimally and trying to fix a problem that killed my running. After tons of exams that only proved my body is in perfect condition and after spending a good amount of six months on the massage table in the hands of Nathan Handerson, I finally got it under control. I got optimistic, I thought that all of my patience and persistence have finally paid off. I started running some pre-season races pain-free. Yes! I thought I got it!

Unfortunately, timing is not always right. I am still on the roller-coaster train. Sometimes I am racing pain free and other times with some pain. So, things are not yet right 100%. Therefore, my scheduled training periods have started getting canceled and I started going south. But only for a little while.

The gods of patience and persistence have kicked in again. Don't ever lose them! I am determined to do what it takes to get this fixed. Things are far better than last year, so I have not lost my optimism or my hopes.

I just got a small delay.

Stay focused, train hard, fuel right!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan