A new partnership with Juliana Bikes

I have been struggling with some major setbacks the last two seasons, feeling more like a yo-yo in despair to resolve a injury that was not really an injury but more the result of a chronic wrong muscoloskeletal pattern (The resolution of my two lost seasons).

Without the support of my First Endurance family that helped me come in contact with the guru of
the Postural Restoration Institute, Mike Cantrell, I wouldn't be able to start training again. I have been doing lots of physical therapy and core work specific to firing the right muscles at the right time since July 2014. I should be in full motion by the New Years, so I am excited!

Good things started rolling with the new season coming up, among those my new relationship with Juliana bikes. I am excited to announce that I am now a sponsored ambassador of the brand, riding the all new Juliana Nevis hardtail and trying to get some trail training and racing for the coming season.

My mentor and coach Dave said that the two past years of trying to resolve my problem have drained me out emotionally and a refreshing tweak of my training and racing would be a good idea. I have always liked mountain biking but never really trained or raced on one. I did compet one year (2003) at the mtb Greek National Championships only to give points to my team and help them with their rankings: I raced on the technical pre-olympic course in Athens riding an old steel mountain bike without a suspension fork that the team gave me and finished 7th. I had a lot of fun, my butt hurt me, I fell on my face a couple of times but I survived and finished strong. Since 2003, no mountain biking. Until now.

I love the Juliana Bikes. Not only because they look beautiful, they handle amazingly well and they are well equipped to accommodate any demanding female athlete, but because the company is truly
http://www.julianabicycles.com/en/us
dedicated to support the competitive women, the active lifestyle and the outdoors.

I am very proud to be part of the family and I hope to support the company for the years to come.

Juliana bikes are named after the legendary American mountain biker, Juliana Furtado. One of the most decorated female mountain bikers with multiple world titles and wins, Juliana Furtado ("Juli") is a status symbol among many female racers (more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juli_Furtado). I am a great fan and I hope one day to rise to her glories!


Good hopes for my new season ~ Full of new adventures to come!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan