Posterior Mediastinal Expansion-Breathing with your back

For all of my friends who know or do not know me.

My physical therapy is going well, a little slower than expected but we are moving forward, slowly and steadily. My right diaphragm is more or less restored and my pelvis is moved to its correct posture (read here: My chronic abdominal pain). I will stop running for 45 days (oh-my-gosh! it sounds sooo long!) in order to let my abdominal and peripheral muscles recover from the chronic multiple injuries. In the meantime, I can swim (yeah!) and bike (yeah again!) and focus on restoring my ... posterior mediastinal expansion or back breathing.

If you still don't get what I mean, check the video below...you will get the memo! It is almost like an advanced yoga "cat pose". It is really really difficult to do it right. But, it is worth the time. Most elite cyclists breath with their whole diaphragm and back resembling a turtle back...here you go my friends, start practicing! Or visit this awesome physical therapist who can fix you up and who I love to death, Mike Cantrell at the Cantrell Center (Warner Robins, GA): www.cantrellcenter.com

Good luck, Keep it up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan