Shaping up for 2015

It has been a long time.

I could not run pain free for almost 2 years.

I went through exams and numerous doctoral visits (An unknown injury). I thought I got it under control last year with the weekly visits to a great massage therapist (Who is Nathan Henderson?), yet I was not completely pain free. This is because the massage was really treating the symptoms and not the cause.

I never gave up hopes though. In July 2014 I got this little demon right (My abdominal painPosterior Mediastinal Expansion). At the Cantrell Center, I started a series of physical therapy to correct my muscoloskeletal diaphragmatic and pelvic imbalances. To tell you the truth, I did not have high hopes in the program back then. I have now.

I have been running pain free for a month. I started with 20min runs every other day and I can now put up with a long run of 45min - what a joy! I can fully breath from my right diaphragm, which was awfully atrophic, and most importantly, I can somehow rotate my trunk to my right (I had lost that ability completely)!

I still have a long road to go but there are high hopes for a successful 2015 season. Increasing up the miles very slowly and steadily without aches and pains has given me a tremendous excitement! I am amazed to see that despite my absence of running, my fitness gains in swimming and biking ramp up to a point that the volume and intensity that I can happily deal with now was wearing me out 2 years ago (last year: How I trained through my injury).

This is what consistent, steady miles will do to you. Adaptation.

I am ready now to blend in some intensity.

2015 here I come!

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan