New 2015 season. Shaping up, building up and racing pain-free

My new season is slowly getting into a proper routine of training and preparing for 2015.

My dear Lord, it has been a long two-year anticipation of trying to resolve my abdominal pain mystery (see Shaping up for 2015). I am really excited to have that finally under control and be able to work around it, train successfully and plan for the upcoming months.


I have been working on my swimming technique (see The path to becoming a more efficient swimmer) and I have also been putting long miles on the bike. My running is still at a base-line as I only started running again a month ago. I have had some test-fitness races earlier this month. These races showed that my fitness is at a good level, both endurance-wise (3rd at the first round of the southeast endurance 6hr solo mtb cup) and speed-wise (3rd at the annual 11mi Cumming TundraTT).

Cumming Tundra TT podium
South-East Championships (round#1)
 6hr solo mtb podium
For the coming months, the plan includes a gradual build-up on the run, sprinkled with some bike races (6hr mtb solo) and some intensity duathlon races (southeast regional duathlon, local xterra off-road tris).

The year-goal races have yet to be determined but tentatively, off-road tri nationals [May] and long-course triathlon and/or duathlon nationals (powerman) [October/November] are on the calendar.

Till then, I will keep pushing my limits gradually: elevating endurance and speed slowly and consistently.

Good luck and cheers to the upcoming season!

Thanks to my coach and lovely husband, Dave Williams, and to my physical therapist, Mike Cantrell at the Cantrell Center, Warner Robins GA. Dave has been working on my training plan with intelligence and wisdom and Mike has managed to treat my chronic pain successfully: he is the reason I am up and going again this year.

If you are curious to really find out what my chronic abdominal pain was, check the following video out. Mike explains my problem and my treatment procedure:





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan