The little things that can motivate your training

Don't you ever have these moments that hearing of a single fact makes you think of the past and dream of the future in a tenth of a second?

What I love the most during my training and racing period are the little things that can boost my confidence and motivate me every day. Things like, how awesome was that race I won two years ago, how much I struggled to get that 5K PR, how good I was in everything I was focusing to give myself 100%.



One of those thoughts snapped me yesterday as I found out a cool fact about my former cycling career. I was not top-notch as a cyclist but at the same time I didn't have the chance or the time to develop as an athlete. The fire was there but never got lightened up. During my only 4 years of competitive cycling, I had the unique chance to finish 12th overall at the 2003 1st International Tour of Rhodes, a Cat 2/3 4-stage road race. I just found out that the overall winner of 2001 and 2002 was the now famous Fabian Cancellara, although back then it was his debut year as a pro:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_of_Rhodes

What an awesome feeling right?

Stay tuned, stay motivated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The 2016 Pinarello GAN RS review

Ενας δρομος υπερβασης πολλαπλων δυσκολιων, συνεχους προσπαθειας, αντοχης, ανοχης, υπομονης και επιμονης στα ονειρα και στις αξιες.

The progressive overload as part of a periodization plan